To get to sleep when you are cold and uncomfortable is a difficult task. If you have aches and pains on top of that it can become a real challenge. A heated blanket will keep you warm and is much safer than space heaters. Not only will the warmth help you sleep, but it can also help soothe sore muscles and joints.
The Sunbeam brand is one of the oldest in the heated blanket business and their Microplush Heated Blanket has all the features you would expect from an established brand. It is made from polyester Microplush for a soft and comfortable texture. It comes with dual controllers with 10 different temperature settings.
The controllers have digital displays with LED and push button controls. It also has a pre-heat feature and a 10 hour auto-shut off. It is available in six different colors so you can have the style in your bedroom that you prefer. It is machine washable and dryer safe so you don’t have to ruin your hands by washing it. It comes with a five year warranty.
In this review we list the features of this heated blanket to help you see if it will suit your lifestyle and needs. Do you need its type of functions and features? We take a look at its positive and negative aspects so you can make an informed choice of how you would like to stay this warm when winter is coming.
- It is made from 100% polyester Microplush
- It comes with a ComforTec controller with a digital display and push button controls with LED display
- It has a pre-heat feature to warm cold sheets
- It has 10 different temperature settings
- It has a 10 hour automatic shut-off feature
- It has sensors that adjust to provide consistent warmth
- It has two controllers and dual heating zones
- It is available in six different colors, garnet, lagoon, mushroom, walnut, slate and seashell
- It is machine washable and dryer safe
- It comes with a five year warranty
- Dimensions: 90 x 84 x 0.2 inches (228.6 x 213 x 0.5 cm)
- Weight: 7.8 lbs (3.5 kg)
- The preheat function is optional
- It does not have dead spots
- It is very soft, comfortable and fuzzy
- It is Safe for your pets (even cats that knead the blanket)
- It has a large range of temperature options
- The cords are a good length
- It heats up quickly
- It is not very durable
- It is stretchy and may pull easily
- It is thin
- Controllers can give error messages
The Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket is soft comfortable and fluffy. It heats evenly without dead spots and has a very large range of temperature settings to ensure that you can find the exact heat that you are comfortable with.
It heats up quickly and is very light so you won’t feel like the weight of the world is resting on you while you sleep. Its preheat function is optional and gives you more control over how you use the blanket.
When you have sore joints or stiff muscles a lighter heated blanket will warm and soothe your complaining limbs without too much extra weight or prominent coils. Because it is very light and thin it is not as durable as thicker blankets, it is stretchy due to its lightweight fabric and may pull. It comes with two digital controllers that are easy to use and readable at night.
This Sunbeam heated blanket is thinner and lighter than some of its competitors but is still very soft and fluffy and does not have varying textures between the top and bottom layers. It has a large range of temperature settings, some blankets offer even more options, but this one has a larger selection than most heated blankets.
It is much thinner than heated throws so if you want something that feels thick, a throw or heavier blanket might be a better choice. It heats up quickly and it has digital controllers with LED display where many other blankets have only analog controllers. The digital controllers may tend to give error messages.
Weather you just want a warm and comfortable nights rest or if you want to soothe aching muscles this lightweight blanket will suit you well. It is more versatile than a mattress pad that only heats the bed, and it is larger and lighter than most heated throws.
The Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket will work for you if you are looking for a quick warming heated blanket with many different temperature options (that you can easily adjust during the night by the light of an LED screen) but still want a light soft blanket to snuggle under. Your sore cold muscles will thank you for this blanket.